Hence the name 😉 I remember stumbling upon a pumpkin granola recipe on Pinterest last fall and pretty much falling in love with it since I never made homemade granola. You can say I fell in love at first bite 🙂 Along with the smell, too! This recipe will have your house smelling like fall (… even though it’s spring)!
Once you’ve gathered all of your ingredients, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
I start off this recipe by combining the wet ingredients in a small sauce-pan over medium-low heat. I recommend adding the coconut oil first so it’s easier to measure out the maple syrup (you can also use honey/agave) and saving the extra pumpkin puree for some waffles tomorrow morning ♡ Whisk away!
Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix again once more!
Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum – whichever you got works. Granola goes in zee oven for 10 minutes.
Stir the granola at the 10 minute mark and leave in for another 10 minutes. You can skip this step and rotate the baking sheet instead if you prefer a more chunky granola.
By now your house is probably smelling like pumpkin pie 🙂 Take out the granola and let it cool so it can crisp up!
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 1/3 cup of raw pecan halves
- 1/3 cup of raw pepitas
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small sauce-pan over medium heat and whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix some more!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out the granola and stir to ensure even baking. If you prefer chunky granola, skip this step and rotate the baking sheet instead.
- Bake granola for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool so it can crisp!
- Enjoy with yogurt, smoothie/acai bowls, fruit parfaits – the world is your oyster 🙂